As you all know we've been blessed to take care of two little angels Asia (3) and Ingrid (1). It's been such a joy to have them in our home. Our lives have become incredibly busy and practically turned upside down but we wouldn't have it any other way. Our lives have changed for the better and we're getting used the kid routine. We sure appreciate your love, prayers, vists, and phone calls. We hope you enjoy our top 10 things we've learned about parenting and hope you enjoy some scripture chasing as well.
1) Being a parent requires you to turn in your perfect parent badge.
2) You begin to understand how much your parents really love you.
3) Cleaning is an endless battle...
4) You really begin to learn how to work with your spouse.
5) Despite the hard moments you have with your children you are only flooded with positive thoughts when you stop to think about them.
6) Children receive a specific assignment from Heavenly Father to test your patience.
7) Children have a full time job to make a mess but also full time job to love you.
8) Your ability to learn and perspective increase as you watch your children learn and they in turn teach you.
9) You relearn how to become a child.
10) Your heart is always touched with a pure Christ like love.
God gives us children and we become painfully aware of our imperfections. Ether 12:27
We become stronger as parents and children teach each other. 2 Peter 1:4-6
Patience is progressive step by step process and parenting is learning to become like a child again. Sometimes remembering is hard. Mathew 18:3
As we serve our children we are serving the Lord. Mosiah 2:17 Mathew 25:31-40
What are kids like Mosiah 3:19 emphasis on the last half of the verse.
If we can become as little children we can endure and overcome all things in this world. D&C 63:47
We love you all. Joseph and Martha.
P.S. Our new land line number is 801-798-2294